Availability

New Quay Ceredigion Wales
Click for more information
Llanina Woods once (1814) belonged to Edward Warren Jones and later became part of the Longcroft Estate. The collection of buildings among the trees was once a farmstead and a watermill. Close by is the Church of St. Ina and Llanina Place. The woods are a mixture of mature and new woodlands. These habitats suit a wide variety of wildlife making the woodlands a pleasant place for a walk. Many species of wild flower add colour through the season, and in spring wood anemone carpet some areas. The River Llethi provides conditions for aquatic and moisture-loving plants, insects and other wildlife, and otters have been seen here. | Up till the end of the 18th century every creek along the Ceredigion coastline, including the valley at Llanina, were energetically carrying on shipbuilding. Indeed Llanina was one of the last strongholds for shipbuilding on the Ceredigion coastline and the last three ships were built here between 1877 and 1882, and a Mr Evan Daniel and his team built all the three ships.
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!