Availability

Rose Hill St Conwy Conwy_County Wales
Click for more information
St Mary and All Saints Church is the parish Church of the town of Conwy. St Mary's was founded in the 12th Century as the abbey church of the Cistercian Abbey of Aberconwy. This was the burial place of many of the Princes of Gwynedd, including Gruffydd ap Cynan, Llewelyn ap Maelgwyn, Llywelyn the Great (Llywelyn Fawr), and his sons Dafydd and Gruffydd. After King Edward 1's conquest of Wales in 1283 Edward chose to build Conwy Castle and it's fortified town on the site and forced removal of the Abbey to Maenan in the Conwy valley. Llywelyn the Great's body, buried in 1240 AD was removed to Maenan and then, on the dissolution of the monasteries, to Llanrwst...
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!