Pennant Chapel, Churches and Chapels Pennant, Ceredigion - Wales where to go, what to see and where to stay in Wales

Availability

Pennant Ceredigion Wales
Pennant Chapel is located in the village of Pennant, in the parish of Llanbadarn Trefeglwys, Ceredigion (formerly Cardiganshire) West Wales. Pennant Methodist Chapel (Wesl Cavanistic Methodist) was built in 1760, then rebuilt in 1832 and 1883. The present chapel, dated 1883, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the long-wall entry type. | The 18th century saw the rise of the Methodist movement in Wales. Preaching had started at Ty Llwyd and in the Ship Inn where Daniel Rowlands and Howell Harries both preached. When Daniel Rowlands was ordained Deacon on 10 March 1733, the ceremony was conducted by the Bishop of St David's, John Banks, at Duke Street Chapel, Westminster. Nothing daunted, Daniel walked the 200 miles from Wales to London for his ordination. The first chapel was built in 1768 and measured 39 feet by 21 feet. The second was built in 1793 and the present one in 1832. From 1811 the Methodists discontinued taking communion in church. There was a small chapel at Ty Llwyd, where Hywel Harris preached in 1738. Two pillars from this chapel are under the gallery in Pennant Chapel today.
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!