St Tydecho's Church Cemmaes, Churches and Chapels Cemmaes, Powys - Wales where to go, what to see and where to stay in Wales

Availability

A470 Cemmaes Powys Wales
St Tydecho's church is situated in the village of Cemmaes in Powys, Wales. The church stands on the northern edge of the village between the River Dovey and the A470 road. St Tydecho's Church is dated to late medieval with a single chamber incorporating a western bellcote. The church experienced a vast rebuilding process throughout the 19th Century, and the interior was improved in 1902. However, the church maintains its 15th Century arch-braced roof, supposed 15th Century walls and an 18th Century porch. The majority of fittings moreover do not date before the 19th Century. There is a large church yard surrounding the main church building. The church has been described as a simple late medieval church, with square headed windows set in the northern and southern walls dating from the 19th Century. The southern wall has been heightened at some stage leading to a degree of asymmetry, most likely during the 18th Century, with the porch dated by inscription in 1742.
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!