Availability

Penrallt Street Machynlleth Powys Wales
Click for more information
With the development of the railway in mid-Wales there was a great influx of English speakers into Machynlleth in the 1860s and from 1864 the Presbyterians began holding English language services. After the opening of the Maengwyn Chapel in Machynlleth, the services in English were held in Capel Norton, but before long it was decided to build another chapel more centrally situated and a site was found in Penrallt Street. The architect appointed was David Owen, a founder member of the chapel, the total cost was £1350 and the memorial stone was laid in June 1876, appropriately by David Davies, Llandinam, whose construction of the railway was an important factor in the emergence and development of an English congregation. The two chapels shared a minister for ten years but in 1877 a separate minister was appointed for the English cause, though the links between the two chapels have remained strong.
More Information >>
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!