St Peter's Church Aberdyfi, Churches and Chapels Aberdyfi, Gwynedd - Wales where to go, what to see and where to stay in Wales

Availability

St Peter's Church Aberdyfi in Aberdyfi
Aberdyfi Gwynedd Wales
Click for more information
St Peter's is the Church in Wales church in Aberdyfi, one of the most beautiful villages in Snowdonia National Park. It is a member of the world-wide Anglican communion and part of the Diocese of Bangor. We are part of a group of churches with Tywyn, Bryncrug, Abergynolwyn, Llanegryn, Tal-y-Llyn and Llanfihangel y Pennant, though we have our own PCC and church officers. Services are bilingual and we are very proud of our Welsh heritage, as this is the language of a large number of the present inhabitants of the village. We also have the privilege of welcoming a great number of tourists throughout the summer and during the Christmas and Easter holidays. St Peter's was built in 1837, with a chancel extension in the 1870s and it is an interesting example of the typical early Victorian Tabernacle churches. Both the church and the wall and ramp that lead up to it are listed buildings and form an important architectural focus in Church Bay. The Churchyard is an important corridor for wild life in the area and we have recently had the help of Outward Bound to sympathetically regain access to it! There is a very interesting and unusual stained glass East window based on Matt 25:35-end, which is by Ward & Hughes, 1873 Also we have a South East window by David Evans 1837 and the Cancel South window is by Powell 1890
Featured Hotels
CLICK TO BOOK!