Ystradowen is a village situated near Cowbridge in the Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales. Cardiff is 12 miles to the east, Bridgend 6 miles to the west and Barry 7 miles to the south east. The Valeways Heritage Trail weaves its way through the village en-route from Llansannor in the west, to Llanharry in the north.
Local amenities include St Owain's parish church, the White Lion public house, and the Seven Oaks fisheries.
Ystradowen is a popular place with anglers because of its three large fishing lakes at the Seven Oaks fisheries. The novice pool stocks tiger trout and rainbows, the main pool browns, blues and rainbows, whilst the coarse lake is home to brean, perch, tench, roach, rudd, and carp. The lakes have excellent disabled access and refreshments are also available on site.
Ystradowen Church, dedicated to St Owain, dates back to 1867. However, it is believed that the site of the former church goes as far back as Norman times. In 1686 Sir Leoline Jenkins gave the church the gift of a magnificent bell, one of the first to be cast at the factory in Chepstow, and which is still present today.