Trefnant is a small village in Denbighshire, North Wales. It is bordered by St Asaph to the north, Denbigh to the south, Bontnewydd to the west and Bodfari to the south east. Nearby towns and villages include Rhuddlan, Llannefydd, Ruthin, Llanrhaeadr, Caerwys and Tremeirchion.
The river Clwyd flows past the east of Trefnant, whilst the river Elwy winds its way past the west, before joining the Clwyd just north of St Asaph. The Clwyd then enters the sea between Rhyl and Kinmel Bay.
The village church, Holy Trinity, dates back to 1853 and was consecrated two years later on 16th August 1855. It was restored in 1905 and includes a bell tower, large churchyard and attractive Victorian Gothic windows.
The Clwydian Way passes to the west of Trefnant. This 122 mile long walking trail begins at Prestatyn and takes in Rhuddlan, Denbigh, Llangollen and Ruthin.