Newcastle is an area of Bridgend town in South Wales. The Ogmore river flows through on its way to the estuary at Ogmore by Sea.
Newcastle Castle was built in 1106 by Robert Fitzhamon.
In 1217 the castle was handed to the de Turbevilles, lords of Coity, but since their main seat was at Coity Castle, they had little care for Newcastle and it began to decay. However, the castle has some impressive features: the outside of the Norman doorway is adorned with beautiful decorations, and there is a magnificent 16th century tower.