Llandyfriog is a village which lies just one and a half miles east of Newcastle Emlyn, in Ceredigion, Wales. The village and parish takes its name from its parish Church, which is dedicated to St Tyfriog, a saint who lived during the sixth century.
The village of Llandyfriog has a number of historic and listed buildings: the cluster of cottages and a telephone kiosk in the centre of the village; St Tyfriogs Church, situated on the northern bank of the river Teifi; the Old School house adjacent to the church.
There are several walks and rights of way criss-crossing the rolling landscape around Llandyfriog, and the Lon Teifi long distance cycle route passes through the village on the A475 road.
St Tyfriogs Church stands only a few yards from the River Teifi, on level ground on the valley floor below the village. The church was rebuilt in 1890 but has ancient roots, being dedicated to the 6th Century Saint Tyfriog, or Tyfrydog. The graveyard is home to the chest-tomb of Thomas Heslop, the victim of the last duel to be fought in Wales on September 10th 1814.