Llanboidy is a village that sits on the banks of the Afon Gronw, in the county of Carmarthenshire, West Wales. Llangynin lies to the south east of Llanboidy, Cwmfelin Mynach to the north west and Whitland to the south. The village has a population of around 1000 people.
The Landsker Borderlands Trail, a popular trail with ramblers in this part of the country, passes through Llanboidy, and an on road cycle trail weaves its way through the village en-route from Crosshands to Whitland.
In bygone days it would have been drovers to be seen on the ancient tracks, driving the cattle to the English cities.
The village church is dedicated to St Brynach, a 5th century saint who founded several West Wales churches.
The village has a Village Hall, a sports and social club and a football team. There is a village Post Office and general store, a School, and public house, the Lamb Inn.
On the eastern edge of the village lies the remains of Castell Mawr, Llanboidy. Today there is little to see of what were once timber fortifications other than the earthworks of the medieval motte and bailey castle.
Llanboidy gives its name to the popular Llanboidy Cheese which is actually made a few miles away in Cilowen Uchaf near Whitland.