Abergwili is situated one and a half miles east of Carmarthen in South West Wales, and lies near the confluence of the rivers Gwili and Towy.
The village is most famous for its Bishop's Palace.
Formerly a college of priests, in 1542 Bishop William Barlow transferred the palace from St David's to Abergwili. However, the building ceased to be the bishop's palace in 1974 and now houses the Camarthenshire County Museum.
The museum retells the story of Camarthenshire's interesting past through displays of Egyptology, local archaeology, Welsh furniture and costume, pottery, landscape paintings, portraits, the homefront in the Second World War and of life on the farm.