Heneglwys is a hamlet in the centre of the Isle of Anglesey, North Wales.
It is located one mile south of the village of Bodffordd about half way between Gwalchmai to the west and Llangefni to the east. Heneglwys is close to the base of RAF Mona and the Cefni Reservoir. As its name suggests(Welsh : Old Church) the hamlet of Heneglwys is centred around an old church. The old church of St Llwydian has carved stones reset in walls which are believed to be of the 12th Century. Windows in the north and south walls are of the late 14th and 15th Century. The church was rebuilt in 1845 on the original site using old material.
More Heneglwys Tourist Information >>